quick update on test binaries

Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor office at adaptcom.ro
Fri May 8 14:55:10 PDT 2020

Hmmm.
I now look with exiftool at the 2 pics. mine and wreck.jpg. It seems that
th estupid droid keeps the location data in other place not in the exif
info.
I will have to see how I take pics with exif gps data.

Damn.

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 12:32 AM Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor <
office at adaptcom.ro> wrote:

> same thing if i name the dive site and try to apply gos fixes. app just
> freezes. speaking of droid version .80 now.
>
> On Sat, May 9, 2020, 00:30 Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor <
> office at adaptcom.ro> wrote:
>
>> Hmmmm.
>> But.... should we rely only on a test pic? I am testing with a pic that
>> is taken like every user does.. with a phone. I will test also with the
>> test pic.
>>
>> Also another one:
>>
>> I start location on my phone
>> Allow subsurdace rights to use location
>> Start app
>> Start gos data collecting
>> add a new dive
>> save.
>> exit app and reopen
>> look at gps fixes and I have one
>> go to apply gps fixes and app completly feezez. In the log i see the
>> entry where it starts the attempt to apply gos fixes.
>> force app close
>> reopen app, no gps fixes
>>

>> On Sat, May 9, 2020, 00:15 Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Have you tried with the test picture?
>>>
>>> Maybe the GPS data in your own picture has some other format that
>>> subsurface doesn't then parse right?
>>>
>>>       Linus

Cu stima/Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Chirana-Gheorghita Eugeniu-Theodor
Bucharest, Romania

e-mail : office at adaptcom.ro
mobile: 0743 698721