quick update on test binaries

Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor office at adaptcom.ro
Fri May 8 15:29:15 PDT 2020

Hmmmmm... nailed it
Very strange.
I used to send photos to my pc and vm by attaching them to a mail from me
on the phone to me on the pc/vm and downloading from attachments. I am
surprised it worked for you Berthol.d... maine you are not using gmail
webmail as a email client. Some people who implement these things have lots
of time to thing about these gimmicks...
Downloading from gmail webmail seems to strip exif gps data .........
I connected the phone to my pc directly and transferred the file >>> gps
data is there , subsurface adds the dive location with gps .

Stupid something on gmail side.

So after all feature on subsurface works as expected on win and linux
fedora ..

Keep safe,
Theodor

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 1:15 AM Berthold Stoeger <bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at>
wrote:

> On Freitag, 8. Mai 2020 23:15:19 CEST Linus Torvalds via subsurface wrote:
> > Have you tried with the test picture?
> >
> > Maybe the GPS data in your own picture has some other format
>
> As noted upthread, Theodor sent me the picture in question and it worked
> just
> fine for me, so that shouldn't be the problem.
>
> (Side note: I'm currently travelling and therefore slow with emails.)
>
> Berthold

Cu stima/Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Chirana-Gheorghita Eugeniu-Theodor
Bucharest, Romania

e-mail : office at adaptcom.ro
mobile: 0743 698721