RFC: Statistics in Subsurface

Berthold Stoeger bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at
Mon May 11 22:46:00 PDT 2020

On Dienstag, 12. Mai 2020 00:02:06 CEST Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> Here's a crazy idea how this could look for example:
>
> The filters are built incrementally, with a drop down menu that allows you
> to add criteria or constraints. Like date range, tags, people, etc
>
> once the user picks one, that is added to the list and can be populated.
> In the example the user first added 'date' and then 'tags'.
> The tags one shows the idea of having additional options (all/any/none and
> substr/starts/exact, just like we have today). Using font size and font
> color to make this seem less cluttered.

Seems easy enough. I can prototype this by the end of the week. If someone
else wants to try this - please tell so that we can avoid duplication of
effort. If you allow giving the same constraint multiple times, the "any / all
/ none" thing can be simplified: A list of tags would be "any of", multiple
constraints would be "logical and". Then all we need is a general "not" for
each constraint.

Maybe we can even restore the lost features from the previous filter widget.

Berthold