RFC: Statistics in Subsurface

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed May 13 14:11:06 PDT 2020

The video that Pedro linked to seemed to indicate that the first chart is most likely to be understood, and that the the second one was harder to see trends in.

Conflicting with that is the desire to more typically show bar graphs sideways, as that makes it easier to deal with many data sets (think labeling the columns vs. labeling rows)

So all this is super helpful in figuring out how we should visualize these things - but not necessarily all leading to the same answers, as I'm not sure how well these line graphs work when turned 90 degrees :-)

/D