GIthub actions docker containers (for windows build)

Paul Buxton paulbuxton.mail at googlemail.com
Fri May 22 08:11:35 PDT 2020

So before I make any pull requests that might break the builds, I just want
to check I understand the way that the github build for windows operates
now.
The mxe-dockerimage-stage1.yml detects changes to
scripts/docker/mxe-build-container and the mxe workflows. Which will
trigger a build of the container.
The container will pick up the version in this yaml file. When building
that has finished it will trigger the stage 2 build which is based on the
container created in stage 1.

So If I make changes to the windows containers then I need to update the
VERSION field in the stage1 yaml file to avoid inadvertently trashing the
existing subsurface/mxe-build-container:1.0

Is this correct?

Also the scripts in scripts/windows-container are effectively legacy, and
presumably kept for people building locally?