RCF - - UI -- Filter constraint prototype (#2854)

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun May 24 11:25:05 PDT 2020

On 2020/05/24 19:46, bstoeger wrote:

>     May I make some comments on the UI?
>
> Any comments are highly welcome. I tried to sketch an implementation
> of your suggested layout. I failed in a few points, notably I didn't
> find out how to make the string-field stretch all the way to the side.
> One would think that setting the |sizeHint| to |minimumExpanding|
> would do the trick, but it doesn't.
>
> I fear that I need help here - if I'm supposed to do the UI this will
> not go anywhere.
>
>     There are some slight differences between the filter options for a
>     Full Text search (Substring, Starts with, Full word) and for text
>     searches in other fields, (e.g. suit: these being substring,
>     starting with, exactly).
>
> They do different things: When the tag search is set to "exactly",
> then the whole tag must match, even it if is composed of two words. In
> contrast, the fulltext search only matches single words. We probably
> should implement a better fulltext search where you can specify that
> whole phrases have to match with quotation marks. c.f. Google.

Hallo Berthold,

If my proposal for a Filter UI is acceptable at all, (I attach the
mockup used in github), then I am prepared to give some UI support
(within my rather restricted Qt skills, but I have dealt with similar
panels in Subsurface) so that you can focus on the stuff that is really
important. You should not need to worry about column alignment within a
form.

I hope some group members will give some feedback.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf