RCF - - UI -- Filter constraint prototype (#2854)

Hartley Horwitz hhrwtz at gmail.com
Mon May 25 11:31:50 PDT 2020

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 2:02 PM Berthold Stoeger <bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at>
wrote:

> ……….
>
> This is correct. It is currently needed (and was the only string mode of
> the
> new filter widget) because some people are too lazy to type out full words
> -
> think of languages with compound words. Then someone got "cavern" dives
> when
> searching for "cave" dives and an exact mode had to be added.
>
> All this could of probably be prevented by sensible auto-completion,
> something
> that was realized in the original filter. There is definitely room for
> improvement.

Thanks for the explanation.  I agree that auto-completion would be awesome,
but I also know that this stats feature is likely something that will be
used by only a small portion of the userbase, so keeping the complexity to
a minimum is preferred. I agree that 'begins with' fits that bill.

….Hartley