GIthub actions docker containers (for windows build)

Paul Buxton paulbuxton.mail at googlemail.com
Thu May 28 09:39:32 PDT 2020

So down the rabbit hole!

Taking a reasonably up to date version of MXE we hit a bug in Cmake 3.15
where when specifying a PKG_CONFIG_PATH with multiple folders in the path
and cross compiling to windows (on a Linux host) it incorrectly swaps the :
with a ; so pkg-config only searches the first entry on the path.
This issue has been fixed in CMake 3.17.

So should I,
a) Try getting cmake manually of a version we choose
b) Patch the cmake we have in the container (it's a 1 line fix)
c) Get MXE to use the newer cmake
d) Get MXE to cherry pick the fix
e) Something else

Options (c) and (d) would also end up pulling in QT 5.15, and when I
briefly tried this yesterday it was failing to build qtbase...
Option(a) might have other unknowns.
Option (b) is a bit hacky :-)

Any preferences?

There is also an issue with missing symbol
libglib is missing _imp__timeGetTime
Which seems to be related to this change (or something similar) in the
Mingw toolchain
https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/mingw-w64/ci/65042f860f8cb67b26d97fd763143946f9a7c6e6/

But I haven't figured out yet where mxe gets its mingw from, so haven't
been able to oinpoint when/how this has been broken.