4.9.10, translations

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Nov 20 08:14:31 PST 2020

Given the annoying bug that I introduced which causes Subsurface
not to show GPS coordinates it the UI right now, I'm planning to do a
4.9.10 release today or tomorrow.

The only other major change in that release will be Robert's fix for
handling Oxygen in the non-narcotic case.

Oh, and a completed Chinese/Taiwanese translation!

Which brings me to the other topic of this email... The state of our
translations is as always quite impressive

We do, however, have a few that could benefit from some help:

Polish, Czech, Norwegian, Danish, Russian, Greek, Estonian, Croatian
are all in that 60-85% range where there's a ton of strings translated
already, but where there are enough missing to make it frustrating to
our users.

If any of these languages are your native language or a language
that you are really comfortable with - have you considered contributing
some translations?

It's not like you will be out partying or traveling these next few weeks,
so for all of us in the Northern hemisphere, maybe spending some
quality time on the Transifex website would be a fun way to pass the
time?

No? Oh well, it was worth a try :-)

https://www.transifex.com/subsurface/ <https://www.transifex.com/subsurface/>

Have a great weekend everyone