changes to the mobile builds

David Tillotson david at acmelabs.co.uk
Sat Nov 21 10:16:04 PST 2020

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 08:02:19 -0800
Dirk Hohndel via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:

> Please test these new binaries. Test simple things (can you update
> cloud storage - do you see the updates on your desktop). Test things
> we often forget to test (can you get to the user manual? can you edit
> dives? can you run the GPS service? can you tap on dive locations and
> get a map?) And of course test downloading from various dive
> computers.
>
> Especially on Android this is maybe the most significant set of
> changes that I've made in over a year. I'd really love to not have
> our end users find all of the bugs that this is causing.

Just tried some basic checks on my S20+, and found that backing out of
the add dive page just goes to a blank page. The access to the app log
still works (although selecting text doesn't function). I've
transcribed the log text, after retrying without the noise from the
Bluetooth stack:

index 2 select changed to false
"2.617: pageStack switched to DiveDetails"
"2.618: switched to page Dive details"
index 0 select changed to true
"5.779: endEditMode called with state add"
"5.804: showProgress: Save changes to local cache"
"5.806: showProgress: Synchronising data file"
"5.809: showProgress: Preparing to save data"
"5.811: showProgress: Start saving data"
"5.816: showProgress: Start saving dives"
"5.821: showProgress: Done creating local cache"
"5.825: pageStack switched to DiveList"
"5.826: endEditMode called with state add"
"5.826: showProgress: Save changes to local cache"
"5.827: showProgress: Synchronising data file"
"5.829: showProgress: Preparing to save data"
"5.830: showProgress: Start saving data"
"5.835: showProgress: Start saving dives"
"5.838: showProgress: Done creating local cache"
<Unknown File>:7: TypeError: Cannot read property 'contentX' of null
qrc:/org/kde/kirigami/private/globaltoolbar/BreadcumbControl.qml:43:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'x' of undefined
"5.884: there's no current page"
qrc:/org/kde/kirigami/ContextDrawer.qml:92: TypeError: Value is null
and could not be converted to an object
qrc:/org/kde/kirigami/AbstractApplicationHeader.qml:57: TypeError:
Cannot read property 'header' of null
<Unknown File>:7: TypeError: Cannot read property 'contentX' of null
index 1 select changed to true