services should be back up - power outage

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Thu Oct 1 01:45:10 PDT 2020

On 20201001, at 10:38, Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor <office at adaptcom.ro> wrote:

> Peacemaker and corosync?

There are hundreds of options to achieve these kind of goals, but without knowing the type of data that one wants to synchronise and how they are updated.... and how locking works and how much latency there is between nodes (same datacenter/rack/country/continent?) and..... many factors, I would not suggest a single one before hand...

Mid-write syncs & disconnects are bad after-all.

Greets,
 Jeroen

PS: Corosync likes having multicast, and thus is a local solution, which is maybe interesting if you have a need for rapid updates and multiple inbounds and.... requirements first -- from what I see what Dirk says though: KISS, keep it simple and stupid, a wee bit of downtime is fine and there are apparently no load issues.