towards 4.9.8

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Oct 13 10:52:06 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

I know, it feels like we just did a release. It's been only three weeks.
But every time I do a release I promise myself not to wait so long until the next one.

We have a couple of small new features (add dive to random trip, allow using pgup/pgdown in dive list), a couple of bug fixes, and of course the redesigned filter UI as MAJOR new feature.
Also, just today Jef has added support for the Scubapro Aladin A2 in the upstream libdivecomputer (Linus has just started the Linux merge Window, so he hasn't had a chance to merge this into our branch, yet - and I usually prefer to have him do these merges...)

So that definitely feels like it's enough to justify creating a new release, I'm thinking of aiming at doing this "towards the end of the month", so maybe two to three weeks from now.

What would be super useful for everyone to do in the meantime?

Play with the new filter UI and make sure it works as intended.
Look at the translations (the new filter UI brought in a few new strings).
Look at the user manual (Willem already documented the filter UI).
Look at the outstanding bugs (in case there's some low hanging fruit that we should try to address for a new release).

Thanks