please TEST!!!! [was Re: Windows 32 and 64 bit]

Matt Thompson mathomp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 19:47:53 PDT 2020

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 2:54 PM Dirk Hohndel via subsurface <
subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:

> We now have a couple of 64bit installers for testing:
>

> https://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/subsurface-4.9.7-223-gbd0d7bd0faa1.exe

Installed fine other than the usual panic messages about installing from a
questionable source.

> I have done some fairly basic testing, but of course that barely scratches
> the surface of our functionality.
> Can people please try downloading from various dive computers (simply
> create a new divelog with Ctrl-W and download, if it actually downloads a
> few it's ok to cancel - the point is 'does it talk to the dive computer').
>
> I was able to download dives from all three of my computers.  Atomic
Cobalt 2, Suunto D4i, and Aqua Lung i750tc.  They all worked fine.  I did
some very basic poking around and didn't notice any problems.  The plots
looked reasonable, statistics appeared normal, printing to a PDF worked.
When printing, the overlay icons (bookmarks, gas switches) in the dive
plots are gigantic. The print preview didn't show anything but also did not
crash.

> PS: this also is the first build that has early Garmin Descent Mk2
> support...

I wish...