please TEST!!!! [was Re: Windows 32 and 64 bit]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Oct 31 09:46:18 PDT 2020

> On Oct 30, 2020, at 7:47 PM, Matt Thompson wrote:
>
> https://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/subsurface-4.9.7-223-gbd0d7bd0faa1.exe <https://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/subsurface-4.9.7-223-gbd0d7bd0faa1.exe>
> Installed fine other than the usual panic messages about installing from a questionable source.

But it does list "Dirk Hohndel, Open Source Developer", not "unknown developer", correct?

> I have done some fairly basic testing, but of course that barely scratches the surface of our functionality.
> Can people please try downloading from various dive computers (simply create a new divelog with Ctrl-W and download, if it actually downloads a few it's ok to cancel - the point is 'does it talk to the dive computer').
>
> I was able to download dives from all three of my computers.  Atomic Cobalt 2, Suunto D4i, and Aqua Lung i750tc.  They all worked fine.  I did some very basic poking around and didn't notice any problems.  The plots looked reasonable, statistics appeared normal, printing to a PDF worked.  When printing, the overlay icons (bookmarks, gas switches) in the dive plots are gigantic. The print preview didn't show anything but also did not crash.

Yeah, there is something weird going on in some circumstances with the icon size.
I wish someone would spend the time tracking this down - there are just WAY too many things on my todo list.

> PS: this also is the first build that has early Garmin Descent Mk2 support...
> I wish...

It's actually a very nice device. I'm quite impressed. A huge step forward from the Descent Mk1.
I haven't tried it in the water, yet, so I can't talk to the "during the dive" experience (which wasn't fantastic with the Mk1), but as a Sport/SmartWatch it's definitely nice.