Bluetooth rfcomm and Shearwater Petrel updates

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Sep 19 19:53:40 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone

Thanks to Linus (and with the help of Jef - it just took us way to long to follow up on his comments) we finally have working BT/rfcomm downloads on Windows and Linux again.
Android I believe hadn't been broken.
macOS unfortunately still is broken.
and iOS of course doesn't support BT/rfcomm.

none of this affected BLE - this is just about Bluetooth classic / rfcomm downloads.

Also, I found a parsing error for Petrel and Petrel 2 dive computers that were updated to the current firmware.

Jef, you may want to look at https://github.com/subsurface/libdc/commit/8e1335e3728920e5795e0fb13f72e7e786a1a27a <https://github.com/subsurface/libdc/commit/8e1335e3728920e5795e0fb13f72e7e786a1a27a>

If you have a BT/rfcomm dive computer, I'd appreciate a quick test of the latest binaries.
And ESPECIALLY if you happen to have a Shearwater Petrel or Petrel 2 - I'd really love to make sure there aren't any other surprises in the PNF implementation in the current firmware.

I'm still hoping to release Subsurface 4.9.7 next week. Thanks to some amazing efforts by the translators we are better off than we were in a very long time.
I am especially grateful to Paolo Bonzini who nearly completed the Italian translation (which was lagging quite a bit behind) in the last two days.
I know how hard it is to do those translations. And I will never stop being in awe of the people who jump on these prior to our releases.

Thanks