Import fin strokes from activity bands.

Fabio Rueda avances123 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 13:05:52 PDT 2020

Hello.

I'm just thinking about some suunto ambit, garmin forerunner triathlon
watches etc. These devices are capables to logging swimming strokes, you
have to swim one pool length and the watch learns from you to then count
your strokes as a pedometer. My suunto ambit works to 100m depth.

You can attach these watches to your ankle, and measure your diving
strokes, for those as me , greedy of telemetry, to correlate to your
instant SAC or something similar.

This devices exports its data as .fit files, some standard that it can be
parsed (at least in python by my own proof of concept)

Do you think it is a too crazy/ complicated feature for subsurface?

Cheers.