Two issues in 4.9.7 on OS X

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Sep 25 13:33:52 PDT 2020

> On Sep 24, 2020, at 10:35 PM, Attilla  wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I just installed 4.9.7 (never got around installing 4.9.6) and I noticed two small things:
>
> - In dark mode the text on the information tab is blue. This makes it quite unreadable.

Yeah, I have never used dark mode - I assume that someone who's into that kinda thing will send patches.
Dark mode on mobile is also pretty crap, according to what users report.

> - This dive was a deco dive (yes, I found the answer to life, universe and everything), but the deco “bar” is white, while on the android app it is read (see screenshots).

Unfortunately Linus loves the "it's the surface" coloring for the deco ceiling, whereas I think it needs a contrast color.
So a long, LONG time ago we agreed to make that configurable and have Linus' preferred setting the default.
On mobile, however, which was done much much later, I decided to go with my preference :-)

Inconsistent and silly? Yep, absolutely.