Fwd: Re: Two issues in 4.9.7 on OS X

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Sep 25 22:37:31 PDT 2020

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Two issues in 4.9.7 on OS X
Date: 	Sat, 26 Sep 2020 07:36:55 +0200
From: 	Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za>
To: 	JB2Cool <jb2cool at gmail.com>

On 2020/09/25 23:58, JB2Cool via subsurface wrote:
> As for the colour of these fields, as far as i can see that's
> controlled by this file
> (https://github.com/subsurface/subsurface/blob/master/desktop-widgets/tab-widgets/TabDiveInformation.cpp).
> Now the information tab seems to be the only tab where these fields
> are blue, all the other tabs (as far as i can see) have black text in
> light mode and presumably white text for dark mode. Question, why are
> these fields blue? Would it be acceptable for them not to be blue?
>
> JB

It is blue in order to clearly separate what is a heading (blue) and
what is information (black). The screen is rather dense in text and
information and without some way of separating headings from text, the
readability of the information is much reduced. I would make the current
blue text light blue in dark mode. In my view, a simple black/grey
interface is also rather old-fashioned.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to