Import fin strokes from activity bands.

Attilla de Groot attilla at attilla.nl
Sun Sep 27 04:48:48 PDT 2020

> On 25 Sep 2020, at 02:07, Linus Torvalds via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
>> This devices exports its data as .fit files, some standard that it can be parsed (at least in python by my own proof of concept)
>>
>> Do you think it is a too crazy/ complicated feature for subsurface?
>
> If you take that that Ambit diving, I'd love to hear whether (a) it
> actually works afterwards (my guess is that it will be ok if you are
> careful and dive only a couple of times with it) and (b) I'd love to
> see the resulting FIT file. Because we do parse them.
>
> HOWEVER. I suspect the FIT file will be useless, because there's no
> good way to sync it up with the actual dive (no depth sensor). Sure,
> you can do it purely by time, but that requires that your actual dive
> computer is truly synchronized, which is seldom the case.

I am wearing my Fitbit under my drysuit. I’m pretty sure that it won’t be able to measure fin kicks accurately, otherwise I would have been in a different country after the dive.

I agree on the water proof arguments. My Charge4 is said to be water proof until 50m, I have to see how that will work out over time. The main reason I wear it is to measure my heart rate. It would be cool if I can import that into a log as well, since my Shearwater Teric doesn’t have heart rate measurement possibilities.

— Attilla