Grouping and managing dive logs

Jason Bramwell jb2cool at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 06:22:19 PDT 2020

I have my own way of doing this and this is done using a combination of tags and location name.

For me my tag rules are:
Deep = anything over 35m (this is just depth that I’ve chosen as my cutoff point)
Deco = any dive with accelerated decompression. Mandatory or extended safety stops don’t count in my rules

What you have suggested (nitrox, mandatory deco ceiling) could easily be done with tags.

My location naming scheme is a bit less consistent and I have a couple of ways of doing this, whatever seems the most sensible. At home I use Country – Town/City – Site. On holiday I use Body of water – Country – Site (I do this if the trip is from a liveaboard where the port of origin is less meaningful) or Body of water – Country – Town/City – Site  (I do this if it’s a ‘day-boat’ leaving and returning to port.

e.g.
Adriatic Sea - Croatia - Krnica – Pascoli
Adriatic Sea - Croatia - Plomin Luka – Vis
Pacific Ocean - Chuuk - San Francisco Maru
Red Sea - Egypt - Chrisoula K
Red Sea - Egypt - Giannis D
UK - Plymouth - HMS Scylla
UK - Plymouth - SS James Egan Layne
UK - Portland - HMS Boadicea

This works for me.

For discontiguous dives as part of the same trip, that doesn’t make sense to me. A ‘trip’ as far as Subsurface is concerned is a set of contiguous dives for example some sea dives and some cenote/cave dives in Mexico but these would all be contiguous. I’d be interested in knowing the reasoning why you would want to use this otherwise.

JB

Sent from Mail for Windows 10