Grouping and managing dive logs

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Sep 27 23:51:08 PDT 2020

On 2020/09/27 20:29, Attilla de Groot via subsurface wrote:

> On September 27, 2020 20:18:49 Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 4:59 PM Attilla de Groot via subsurface
>> <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org
>> <mailto:subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org>> wrote:
>>
>> You can add a trip (or multiple trips) manually, and add selected
>> dives to the trip. Choose the dives you want to group together, click
>> right button within the selection and choose create trip above. This
>> should group all the selected dives together. (Not sure if it works
>> if there is a different trip in between the dives, but it should be
>> easy to test out.)
>
> I've tested that part, but then the local dives get added to the trip
> in between. I can create a trip for each period between my actual
> trips, but it would be nice to have my local dives grouped together.
>
> -- Attilla

The dive log is supposed to be a chronological sequence of dives.
Tagging and filtering is designed to view groups of dives in any
arbitrary way, exactly as in your requirement. I understand it's time
consuming to add tags (I have had to do it myself), but if one requires
additional functionality from the dive log,  the time invested in adding
tags to historic dives is worth it.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to