Grouping and managing dive logs

Attilla de Groot attilla at attilla.nl
Mon Sep 28 08:44:13 PDT 2020

> On 28 Sep 2020, at 17:35, JB2Cool <jb2cool at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> They can be grouped into trips but one trip to your local lake is a separate trip to the next trip to the local lake. You can't say that the dives in Oct/Nov 2019 are part of the same trip as the dives in March 2020 when you've been to other places in between. Your example here shows the trip feature working perfectly IMO. If you wanted to shorten the list from what you have now you could make custom trips out of the Netherlands dives between your overseas trips but these Netherlands trips would each be their own short trip rather than one long meta-trip.
>
> JB

No, I wouldn’t want to group every dive ever. I would probably group it per year, so from my example the dives in the Netherlands in Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct and Nov would need to be in a group. I understand I can group them in separate trips, but that would defeat the purpose and would e.g create one trip for one dive in September.

— Attilla