Grouping and managing dive logs

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Sep 28 10:53:55 PDT 2020

What a blast from the past. Very, very early in the Subsurface development, that is exactly a feature that I envisioned and implemented.
Linus absolutely HATED it. Because it's simply wrong and counter-intuitive if you have a dive log that starts June 29 and runs until July 3.
So instead he came up with that concept of trips, but trips that aren't just a sequence of dives in the dive list, but that are a set of dives, regardless of where they are in the dive list.
Which is what we have today :-)

/D