testprofile on i686

Alan Brown adbrown at rocketmail.com
Wed Dec 1 12:39:32 PST 2021

Alan Brown via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> writes:

> When I look at the generated files in the build directory they are empty
> ls -al exportprofile*
> -rw-r--r-- 1 alan alan 0 Nov 29 16:23 exportprofile.csv
> -rw-r--r-- 1 alan alan 0 Nov 29 16:23 exportprofileVPMB.csv

Scratch that, I hadn't chrooted into the build environment properly. The
profiles in x86_64 built by TestProfile are identical to the reference
files. Repeating the tests in the i686 environment does produce a lot of
differences. The diffs are at.

https://gist.github.com/adbrown101/82d218a7107520812768e4fed665aad4

https://gist.github.com/adbrown101/0c9755453220ad337359f3652809323f

Thiago Macieira via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> writes:

> That would explain why it fails on i686 but nowhere else: x87 floating point,
> which keeps extra precision between operations that the other ones don't.

Does this mean it is a known issue? I had planned to build a 32 bit
version of another distribution to see if it is repeatable there. Would
this be worthwhile?

regards

Alan