testprofile on i686

Alan Brown adbrown at rocketmail.com
Sun Dec 5 12:42:16 PST 2021

"Robert.Helling" <robert at neu.atdotde.de> writes:

> Yes, that is related. Rather than simply adding/subtracting 10000 to convert between depth in mm and ambient pressure, these functions properly take into account the surface pressure (not
> exactly 1 bar)  and the density of water (not exactly 1000 kg/m^3). But these functions use Subsurface internal unit types which are integer Millimeters and integer millibars. As Berthold pointed
> out, the letter have a quantisation that amounts to 1cm of depth and these seem to be the differences we are seeing.
>
> I pushed another version of the the pull request which does not internally quantise to integer bars which might behave better.
>
> Could you please try this again with the current version. That would be great.

Robert,

It looks like it failed again, but we are down to just a couple of
differences. It looks like they are with END (certainly on
exportprofile) rather than EAD.

https://gist.github.com/adbrown101/4f891b99e501b0ba20889c656f76a43d

https://gist.github.com/adbrown101/ac48b9c3ca56f9e3d35bcfb540a8fa08

Definitely getting there with this particular issue

Regards

Alan