Dive selection and the statistics code

Berthold Stoeger bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Feb 14 12:39:42 PST 2021

Dear all,

Concerning the new statistics module, there have been requests to enable the
selection and analysis of subsets of dives. One use-case being the examination
of outliers.

In the current desktop build, you can select items in the charts (e.g. bars in
bar charts or individual dives in scatter plots) and restrict the analysis to
these particular dives. Multiple selection works by pressing the CTRL-key.
Moreover, in scatter plots, rectangles can be drawn around areas to be
selected (also in combination with the CTRL-key to select multiple areas). In
non-scatter plots, the shift key can be used to select ranges.

The UI is still rough around the edges because, as Dirk noted, none of us is
particularly proficient in UI design (me being the worst). Therefore, I would
greatly appreciate testing and suggestions for improvement.

Berthold