Building statistics

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Fri Jan 1 07:00:28 PST 2021

Hi,

first: Happy new year everybody!

After mostly ignoring it for several weeks due to time constraints, I finally got around to check out the new statistics stuff and tried to build it. Maybe I am the first to attempt this under Mac OS, but so far I have not succeeded. I should mention, I try to do this with Qt 5.14.

First thing I noticed was that the compiler complains about not knowing about std::isnan(). But since there is (and is suggested by the compiler) isnan(), I changed all occurrences in this way. Maybe I am still using an old version of the C++ standard, but this seemed to do the job.

With this, I am able to build a binary. But it crashes upon start up. It says

th-nb-tmpmbp05-6766:build Helling$ Subsurface.app/Contents/MacOS/Subsurface
MapWidget.qml: cannot find a plugin named: googlemaps
1 ,  "The geoservices provider is not supported."
qrc:/qml/MapWidget.qml:24: Error: Cannot assign [undefined] to QDeclarativeGeoMapType*
Populating font family aliases took 923 ms. Replace uses of missing font family "'Bookman URW'" with one that exists to avoid this cost.
qrc:/qml/statsview.qml:3:1: module "QtCharts" is not installed
     import QtCharts 2.0
     ^
QObject::connect(QtCharts::QChart, StatsView): invalid null parameter
Segmentation fault: 11

I know I have QtCharts installed (at first I had not in my Qt 5.12 that I had used so far and then already cmake complained). But somehow QML refuses to import it. Any ideas how to fix this?

Best
Robert