new statistics code merged

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jan 3 15:44:06 PST 2021

> On Jan 3, 2021, at 3:04 PM, Christof Arnosti via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
> Short testing on Ubuntu 20.10 with the AppImage:
>
> $ ./Subsurface-4.9.10-232-g77bc0c7c9396-x86_64.AppImage
> qrc:/qml/statsview.qml:3:1: module "QtCharts" is not installed
> QObject::connect(QtCharts::QChart, StatsView): invalid null parameter
> zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  ./Subsurface-4.9.10-232-g77bc0c7c9396-x86_64.AppImage

Right, I didn't test the AppImage. Silly me. I'll add that to my list.

> Do I need some additional dependencies to get the AppImage to run? I thought the idea was that there are no need to install dependencies when using an AppImage built app. But I could be wrong on my assumptions.
>
> I also tried the 4.9.10.232 from launchpad, and with this download it works. I found the statistics (after some searching) and clicked around a little bit. I really like the feature, but I guess I need some more time and motivation (read possibility to go diving) to really dig into it.

It's in the menu under Log->Dive statistics or Ctrl/CMD-T
And this is a feature that is fun to play with even without new dives (just saying...) -- as the last chart below shows, I had a total of TWO dives in the last 14 months :-(

> One small issue I found: When "Data" is set to "none", I can't select the binning for the "Base variable". Maybe that's the same bug that Dirk mentions in the mail below? The same problem is also present when "Data" is set to "Date" or "Weight system" (and possibly others), only the default binning for "Base variable" is selectable (for example 2l for SAC or yearly for Date).

Berthold already found and fixed that bug, new binaries are building everywhere.

/D