Feedback and testing of the dive statistics

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jan 10 15:14:45 PST 2021

> On Jan 10, 2021, at 3:03 PM, Dirk Hohndel via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
> New test binaries should be ready very soon. I noticed that something went weird when a faulty push to master confused my build servers and need to restart all of those builds for the latest master.

Ugh.

Unfortunately this little mishap caused a problem that I can't immediately fix for the builds on LaunchPad and OBS.
An incorrect push got mirrored into the git trees that are used to create the source for those builds. The subsequent force push to fix that (just moments later) unfortunately wasn't mirrored as such but resulted in a merge.
So the git describe version (i.e. the -2xx after the 4.9.10) on those builds was higher and bogus. But the build services don't accept newer builds, until the overall version number is higher. As a result for a couple of days there won't be valid test builds on OBS and LaunchPad

I have fixed all of the trees that are used to create the builds in downloads/test, deleted the existing builds there that had invalid version information and triggered new builds that have already started to populate

I need to ask Michal for help with the Snap to make sure we don't end up with incorrect sources there by mistake.

Sorry about that. Stuff happens.