Can't Import dives from Mares Quad Air

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Jan 11 12:22:48 PST 2021

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 12:11 PM Markus Hinkelmann
<markus at mhinkelmann.de> wrote:

> I tried it in BLE mode. After same connection issue I get the same error (see log file).

Yes, that looks very similar, even if the exact point of failure is a
bit different. It starts out ok, we see the expected replies, and then
- fairly quickly - it all devolves into a mess.

I'm adding Jef to the cc (although I do think he sees these reports
even without it) in case he can see some pattern at those failure
points, and maybe something libdivecomputer does wrong when retrying.

But as mentioned, that Bluelink Pro really hasn't been a great
experience for us in the past. Bluetooth in general can be a bit
fragile, but the Mares dongle has definitely been in a class of its
own when it comes to strange behavior.

              Linus