mobile version testing

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jan 18 08:15:54 PST 2021

> On Jan 18, 2021, at 7:38 AM, Attilla de Groot wrote:
>
> Hi Dirk,
>
> No problem as long as it’s known. Seems I’m the only dark theme user. :-)

No, there are more - I know how many requests I got when it was broken. And I also see more people send dark mode screen shots.
Also, can you update to the latest version on the beta channel? Right now that should be .363, you are still running .355.
That latest one has the dark mode statistics fixed :-)

BTW: the mailing list clamps down on LARGE messages (since they go out to several hundred people). Which is why your emails typically get held for moderation.

> If I’m leaving out the dark mode/statistics, the only “problem” is the top menu(?) header. It seems that all fontsizes are changed, except for that one. Only when on “extra large” the font sizes seem to match, but everything else doesn’t aline as I would expect it to.

Technically you didn't answer my question... I'll try to phrase it differently.

So, let's say you switch to 'small' as your font. Then you quit the app. Simple on Android with the back button. Or swipe it away in the app switcher.
If you now restart, do you still have the same problem?

Because I do see this problem sometimes when changing fonts in the running app. I tried to make sure that the title bar is resized as well, but that still isn't 100% working.
But once you restart the app, the title bar for me is ALWAYS correct. So if this isn't working for you... something is weird.

You also didn't send me a screenshot of the Theme test page in a case where you have the mis-sized title bar (go to the main menu -> Developer -> Theme information)

> It didn’t allow me to select text from the log, I hope the screenshot is sufficient.

I was able to extract what I was trying to see (you're on Android on a Samsung S10 and as we have seen from many devices (and especially Samsung devices) we are being given a crazy list of app size updates at the start.
Your phone claims to have app sizes of 510x765, 360x765, 510x540, and finally 411x778 (which is also reported as physical screen size). All of these show up within 530ms :-)
And I was able to tell that the app picked the correct one and tried to resize its geometry elements based on it...

BTW... to send logs without screen shots, simply go to Help->About and click on the button. Now you can paste the log into the email app... :-)