Translations

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jan 23 08:56:03 PST 2021

Hi Toni

> On Jan 23, 2021, at 05:34, Antoni Bella Pérez <antonibella5 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm working for Catalan.

Thank you for that.

>  IMPORTANT: My Android version is in English (Subsurface v3.1.3(4.9.10.402))
>    * Can you add a language drop-down list to choose it?

I know this may sound like a stupid question - but why isn’t your phone running in Catalan? Because IIRC, the mobile version simply assumes that the user will want the app to run in the same language as the device OS (which, TBH, does seem like a reasonable assumption).

It is of course possible to add such a selection - but every setting makes the UI harder to use, is one more thing to test, etc. So I’m trying to determine if we really need this for our average user.

>  Personally I prefer to add them sequentially when they are ‘stable’, so we
> can check any question in the commit message.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by this. Can you explain it differently?

Thanks