Translations

Antoni Bella Pérez antonibella5 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 23 10:11:09 PST 2021

  Hi Dirk,

El dissabte, 23 de gener de 2021, a les 17:56:03 CET, Dirk Hohndel va
escriure:
> Hi Toni
>
> > On Jan 23, 2021, at 05:34, Antoni Bella Pérez <antonibella5 at yahoo.com>
> > wrote: I'm working for Catalan.
>
> Thank you for that.
>
> >  IMPORTANT: My Android version is in English (Subsurface
> >  v3.1.3(4.9.10.402))
> >
> >    * Can you add a language drop-down list to choose it?
>
> I know this may sound like a stupid question - but why isn’t your phone
> running in Catalan? Because IIRC, the mobile version simply assumes that
> the user will want the app to run in the same language as the device OS
> (which, TBH, does seem like a reasonable assumption).
>
> It is of course possible to add such a selection - but every setting makes
> the UI harder to use, is one more thing to test, etc. So I’m trying to
> determine if we really need this for our average user.

  Without knowing someone, there are no stupid questions.

  My Android system is set to Catalan only; forced configuration because
setting Castilian (Spanish) as the second language overlapped the Catalan
(main language) in many applications. ?? I do not understand.

> >  Personally I prefer to add them sequentially when they are ‘stable’, so
> >  we can check any question in the commit message.
>
> I’m not quite sure what you mean by this. Can you explain it differently?

MKVToolNix, fwupd (both use Transifex) and KDE projects as reference:
  - https://gitlab.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix/
  - https://github.com/fwupd/fwupd/
  - https://invent.kde.org/explore

  The GUI is 'stable' and the translators will see the changes as they are
made, so you can always consult the commit register to know more about
something.

  In addition, KDE and fwupd, also contain comments (aimed at translators)
from developers. My translator comment ;-)

  This can be ignored: All this is just a comment, which of course you can use
it.

  Atentament
  Toni
--
Dubta que les estrelles siguin foc.
Dubta que el Sol es mogui.

No se n'ha de posar massa
	- A grandmother on the TV show "Las recetas de Julie"