preparing for 5.0.2

Gaetan Bisson gaetan at fenua.org
Fri Jul 2 16:13:05 PDT 2021

Hi Dirk,
Hi everyone,

The sad news concerning Arch is that I resigned my role as a developer a
while ago due to lack of time and they apparently haven't found any
other dev/TU interested to keep maintaining a subsurface package in the
official repos.

There are still user-contributed packages in the AUR:

- subsurface-git and subsurface-libdc-git, both of which I maintain.
  Their PKGBUILD only needs to be updated when the build process
  changes. Otherwise, a simple `makepkg` will pull and build the latest
  git snapshot.

- subsurface and subsurface-libdc (stable versions) have been dropped
  there from the official repos and nobody has touched them since.

So I would say Arch users are better off using the AppImage unless they
wish to compile and run subsurface-git.

Cheers.

--
Gaetan