preparing for 5.0.2

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Sat Jul 3 03:16:14 PDT 2021

Hi,

> On 30. Jun 2021, at 01:12, Dirk Hohndel via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
> So... if you have a moment (especially if you are on Mac and Windows), would you please try the current daily builds, and try the printing features?

thanks to my daughter’s birthday and related festivities, I will not have much time this weekend to look into this, so just a few quick remarks:

* As said earlier, I think it would be great if this release would contain a fix (which we don’t have yet) for the Poseidon CCR issues reported by Robert Angermeyer in #3264/#3265. My guess would be it is something simple for somebody familiar with this part of file import code (Miika?)

* I can confirm, printing on Mac (Big Sur) looks good, see attachment. In particular, the gas change icons come at the correct size (at least for my taste)

* At the office, I just got a new  Mac with M1. Since I see the office only once a week roughly for a short time, I have not really had the time to play with it. But I downloaded the latest Subsurface binary and ran it. It started up and showed the window. But when I opened my logbook from the cloud it started spinning and then I had to run. It could well be that for some reason the network was slow and it eventually loaded but there might be a problem there.  I could check Monday morning but probably not before (see above).

Best
Robert