Macbook ARM64 build

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Wed Jun 30 04:09:49 PDT 2021

Attila,

> On 30. Jun 2021, at 12:19, Attilla de Groot via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
> I recently moved to a new MacBook, the M1 with ARM CPU. Will there be a build to support that (or in their “universal Binary”)? Then I can run it without Rosetta (the x86 emulator).

I got my MacMini with M1 CPU last week, but have not had the time, yet, to seriously try to build subsurface on it. Without trying I expect the biggest obstacle will be to have an ARM native Qt library. At this point, Subsurface uses Qt5 and nobody has started a transition to Qt6 yet and it might well be that there will never be an ARM version of Qt5.

Best
Robert