Building subsurface on Mac OS 11.x (Big sur)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon May 17 09:21:38 PDT 2021

This has nothing to do with dynamic linking rules. Something causes the "-mmacosx-version-min= " to be set to blank which is indeed invalid.
I build every commit in master on 11.x and that works just fine.

A small side note on that pull request that you opened and then closed again.

Deep6 dive computers will never be supported in any binary that I create as official Subsurface release.
The people behind those dive computers crossed some lines that make this a permanent decision.
Of course, being an open source projects, you and others are welcome to fork the project and do your own binary releases. I politely request that such releases are not called "Subsurface" or "Subsurface-mobile", and that they do not attempt to access the Subsurface Cloud service that I provide to the Subsurface community.

Thanks

/D