WebKit -> WebEngine

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Sat Nov 6 20:59:25 PDT 2021

On Sunday, 31 October 2021 10:23:05 PDT Lubomir I. Ivanov via subsurface
wrote:
> >> Visual Studio 2017 version 15.8 or later, or clang-cl version 8 or later
>
> they seem to support clang now as well.

Please note that clang-cl is not clang. It's the clang front end that is
compatible with the MSVC cl syntax and produces MSVC-compatible binaries.

I really don't understand what is required to get either clang or GCC to build
Chromium. It's not supported because Google doesn't support it, but they are
moving towards Clang more and more, so there's a good chance it might "just
work" some day, or at least with some effort. After all, the other platforms
build with Clang, so it can't be more than some Windows-specific files.