handling fingerprints

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Nov 12 15:46:27 PST 2021

My code to share fingerprints via the cloud has been merged into master.
Android test binaries with that new code are pending review to be pushed into the beta channel.
I'll work on iOS test binaries in a moment.

It would be extremely helpful if this could get some testing.
This new feature is extremely useful for Scubapro G2 users (download via cable on your PC and when you next attempt to download via BLE on your phone the right thing happens).
The G2 is certainly the most egregious case - but I'm sure this will help with some others that I'm not aware of where having the correct fingerprint also makes a difference in download duration on mobile.

In order to test this you need a dive computer that you can download from on two devices - doesn't matter if its mobile or desktop.
Test scenario: force a download on one computer/device (either delete the last dive or force download all dives). Sync with cloud, sync with cloud on the other computer/device.
a fresh download should successfully use the fingerprint and immediately tell you that there are no new dives.

/D