Subsurface mobile general question

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Nov 13 17:40:12 PST 2021

Sending anything with the exception of cloud backend stuff to "only me" is really not helpful. I cannot possibly do support by myself for an app with at this point about twenty thousand active users...

> On Nov 13, 2021, at 2:16 PM, rick.warren4 wrote:
>
> I have a general question on SAC and rebreathers. My assumption is that SAC with a rebreather would be based on the oxygen consumption and not factor in diluent.  Is that incorrect?

I have no idea. I have never used a rebreather, I have never thought through the logic of all that.

> Based on my manual calculations (discounting compresability and assuming ideal gas laws), I calculated 1.13 l/min but, Subsurface is showing 3.3 l/min.
>
> I am normally around 0.65 L/min but, I did an O2 flush that skews this dive some.
>
> Dive time: 35 mins
> Average depth 34 feet (CCR ~ does not matter)
> Oxygen consumed: 492 psi
> Cylinder: 3L @ 3442 psi (237.3 bar)
>
> * I was working out a new gear configuration or else I would have not been on the rebreather for such a short dive.

Maybe Robert has some comments? Or Linus?