Subsurface mobile general question

Robert.Helling robert at neu.atdotde.de
Sat Nov 13 18:42:50 PST 2021

Hi,

> On 14. Nov 2021, at 02:40, Dirk Hohndel via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
>> Based on my manual calculations (discounting compresability and assuming ideal gas laws), I calculated 1.13 l/min but, Subsurface is showing 3.3 l/min.
>>
>> I am normally around 0.65 L/min but, I did an O2 flush that skews this dive some.
>>
>> Dive time: 35 mins
>> Average depth 34 feet (CCR ~ does not matter)
>> Oxygen consumed: 492 psi
>> Cylinder: 3L @ 3442 psi (237.3 bar)
>>
>> * I was working out a new gear configuration or else I would have not been on the rebreather for such a short dive.
>
> Maybe Robert has some comments? Or Linus?

my initial reaction is that there shouldn’t be a calculated SAC value for rebreather dives. Or at least, if we computed something for O2, that should be a completely different calculation as it would be independent of ambient pressure. But I have to look at the source code to see what we do there really.

Best
Robert