Subsurface mobile general question

Paul-Erik Törrönen poltsi at poltsi.fi
Mon Nov 15 08:58:29 PST 2021

On 11/15/21 13:53, Robert Helling wrote:
> So my guess would be that during the ascent you dropped f times the
> amount of diluent used during the dive of O2 that was coming from the O2
> cylinder. So, to find the metabolic O2 consumption, that should be
> subtracted from the gas use from the O2 cylinder.
> Does that make sense?

Well ugh, you went to log so I can't tell anymore (my math-skill is crap
nowadays), but since you essentially have a model here, then one way to
test this would be to run it with input data of depth and measured pO2
(instead of the sp), as well as the actual fO2 of diluent for a number
of simple descend-ascend profiled CCR-dives, and see how closely the
observed O2-cylinder pressure matches the one from the model.

The volume of the loop would not be a factor if all the dives are done
with the same rebreather model.

Poltsi