web translations

Antoni Bella Pérez antonibella5 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 20 12:47:35 PST 2021

  Hi Dirk,

  I can help in Castillian (or Spanish, for less accustomed people). Her
translation is acceptable (Google?) but it needs a human mind.

  Currently what doesn't make much sense is to translate with necessary access
to Git. Use Transifex is my first option.

  Do you have something in mind about it?

  Other idea:
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReStructuredText

  KDE Websites using translation (and her Git repo):
https://develop.kde.org/ (Kirigami pages are translated)
 - https://invent.kde.org/documentation/develop-kde-org (content/docs/kirigami
- use MD files)
https://docs.kdenlive.org/ (very recent, need much work)
 - https://invent.kde.org/documentation/docs-kdenlive-org
https://docs.krita.org/ (I have a small ToDo task, great quality)
 - https://invent.kde.org/documentation/docs-krita-org

El dissabte, 20 de novembre de 2021, a les 20:45:51 CET, Dirk Hohndel via
subsurface va escriure:
> I used to have a mailing list just for the translators - but this seems to
> have disappeared (or I'm imagining things - entirely possible right now).
>
> Anyway, we still have reasonably well maintained Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese,
> and German translations of most of our current content. For stupid,
> complicated, and historic reasons, things are in two different places -
> what we are actively editing (so mainly the announcements and the downloads
> page) is on GitHub: https://github.com/subsurface/subsurface.github.io
>
> I noticed that the text for our downloads page for macOS made no sense (we
> still referred to three macOS packages even though this hasn't been true in
> a long time), and we referred to "macOS 10.15 and 11.0" for the current
> macOS versions, which also made no sense since Apple changed the meaning of
> their version numbers so we could either call this 10.15, 11, and 12, or
> simply 10.15 and newer.
>
> I tried to update the text in all five languages (thank you, Google
> translate), but I'd love it if native speakers in Dutch, Spanish, and
> Portuguese could verify that I got this right.
>
> And also, translations of the 5.0.5 announcement to Dutch and Portuguese
> would be welcome.
>
> If you are a native speaker of another language that's reasonably common in
> our user base and feel motivated to add support for your language to the
> web site, please talk to me. I'm happy to add more languages - but of
> course that means you will occasionally be asked to provide more
> translations :)
>
> Current rough estimate of language use (based on the last two weeks of web
> access with identified user language)
>
> en: 	49%
> de: 	17%
> fr: 	14%
> es: 	4%
> it: 	4%
> nl:	4%
> pl:	2%
> pt:	2%
>
> So based on that I think French, Italian, and maybe Polish would make sense
> to add. Everything else was 1% or less.
>
> Remember: this is really flawed data especially since it's only 2 weeks
> worth of web accesses... I changed my log rotation to not delete older data
> this aggressively.
>
> Thanks everyone!

  Regards
  Toni
--
Dubta que les estrelles siguin foc.
Dubta que el Sol es mogui.

No se n'ha de posar massa
	- A grandmother on the TV show "Las recetas de Julie"