Perdix

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Nov 28 15:14:57 PST 2021

Either of the two could be the correct answer - the installer does need to be run as admin (and it should ask for those permissions if not granted). And you cannot run it if Subsurface.exe is already running.

As for the import problems from the Perdix - yeah, that tends to be a problem on Windows. It often works, and then doesn't.
The only way that seems to usually work to fix this is to un-pair your Perdix from Windows. Re-pair it (from the Windows Bluetooth settings). Try again.
And often people have to repeat that process several times.
Generally what is much easier and more reliable is to use Subsurface Cloud to connect to a mobile device (Android or iOS) and download from the Perdix there. That seems to work far better than on Windows.

/D