testprofile on i686

Alan Brown adbrown at rocketmail.com
Mon Nov 29 08:27:14 PST 2021

Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> writes:
> Rerun just that test:
>
>     cd build/tests
>     ./TestProfile
>
> and you should now have the two output files in that directory:
> exportprofile.csv and exportprofileVPMB.csv.

Thanks for you reply,

Ran this test on my x86_64 machine and got the result

********* Start testing of TestProfile *********
Config: Using QtTest library 5.15.2, Qt 5.15.2
(x86_64-little_endian-lp64 shared (dynamic) release build; by GCC 10.2.1
20201203), void unknown
PASS   : TestProfile::initTestCase()
FAIL!  : TestProfile::testProfileExport() Compared values are not the same
   Actual   (org.open(QFile::ReadOnly)): 0
   Expected (true)                     : 1
   Loc: [/builddir/Subsurface-5.0.5/tests/testprofile.cpp(40)]
FAIL!  : TestProfile::testProfileExportVPMB() Compared values are not
the same
   Actual   (org.open(QFile::ReadOnly)): 0
   Expected (true)                     : 1
   Loc: [/builddir/Subsurface-5.0.5/tests/testprofile.cpp(56)]
PASS   : TestProfile::cleanupTestCase()
Totals: 2 passed, 2 failed, 0 skipped, 0 blacklisted, 2ms
********* Finished testing of TestProfile *********

When I look at the generated files in the build directory they are empty
ls -al exportprofile*
-rw-r--r-- 1 alan alan 0 Nov 29 16:23 exportprofile.csv
-rw-r--r-- 1 alan alan 0 Nov 29 16:23 exportprofileVPMB.csv

So these will not compare with the reference files. This architecture
 passed using the automated build and test system on void. So I think I
 will do a little more investigation to make sure I can rule out the
 void build system.

I do have a working version of Subsurface on my computer built this way
and I have found it the best way for logging my dives from my Suunto.

Thanks

Alan