Mismatched dive computer nitrox settings and SAC

Michael Andreen harv at ruin.nu
Sun Oct 10 06:24:39 PDT 2021

On Sunday 10 October 2021 11:26:40 CEST Michael Andreen via subsurface wrote:
> Editing the start and end pressure of the extra cylinder doesn't seem to change anything.

So did some debugging and noticed that it was this check in calculate_airuse() that triggered the problem:

		if (!end.mbar || start.mbar <= end.mbar) {
			// If a cylinder is used but we do not have info on amout of gas used
			// better not pretend we know the total gas use.
			// Eventually, logic should be fixed to compute average depth and total time
			// for those segments where cylinders with known pressure drop are breathed from.
			if (is_cylinder_used(dive, i))
				return 0.0;
			else
				continue;
		}

Setting end pressure to 1 less than start pressure + restarting subsurface worked just fine, but it would be nice to have some way of setting this bogus cylinder as not used.

/Michael