releasing 5.0.4

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Oct 15 13:59:13 PDT 2021

> On Oct 15, 2021, at 9:42 AM, Robert.Helling <robert at neu.atdotde.de> wrote:
>
> from me it’s a go. I did the last German translation on Transiflex and sent a PR for the Release page.

Thanks for that.

I pulled the latest translations and released 5.0.4

Most of the binaries should be completed by now. I checked that the update notification works, tried a few of the binaries...
All seems to work.

This is really just a bug fix release, mostly addressing the annoying bug where for a very few users (mostly people who downloaded dives via the Shearwater Desktop) suddenly saving (and subsequently opening) dive logs to XML failed.

Thanks everyone for your help to keep Subsurface limping along. I couldn't do it without all of you.