Subsurface on Apple Silicone

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Oct 22 10:34:08 PDT 2021

On Fri, 2021-10-22 at 10:27 +0200, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> friendly reminder from an old time lurker
> that the 5.15 Qt is still being updated on the KDE infrastructure with the LTS patches.

Well, yes they do.
But there are no releases. Which means that in order to go down that
path I am now truly in "build everything from source everywhere"-hell.

I haven't followed this closely enough to see if the Linux distros are
including these patches in their versions, though. Similarly, MXE
(which we use for Windows builds) doesn't use the KDE LTS version.

Also - I don't know if KDE will do anything to deal with any future
incompatibilities with Android and iOS changes.

So... I'm not yet sure that this is a reasonable way to go.