Assistance cross-building Windows target

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Oct 29 13:35:09 PDT 2021

OK, I quickly pulled together a Ubuntu 21.04 virtual machine here and tested this; below are working instructions that will create a Windows installer for you
You need at least 20G of disk for this - assuming a minimum VM install

sudo apt install docker.io <http://docker.io/> git
mkdir $HOME/windows
cd $HOME/windows
ln -s /win/mxe .         # <- yes, this looks weird... it's a step that fails in the script for some reason... just trust me
git clone git://github.com/subsurface/subsurface <git://github.com/subsurface/subsurface>
sudo docker run -v $HOME/windows:/__w subsurface/mxe-build-container:2.2 /bin/bash /__w/subsurface/packaging/windows/create-win-installer.sh -64only

Still interested in the answer to "what's your goal with all this?", though.

/D