Removing all gps features

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Sep 11 17:19:43 PDT 2021

The more I think about it the less I like the idea of leaving it in.
The code has already atrophied badly because Linus and I no longer use it. And the sad reality is that things that I don't use don't get tested and fixed in the mobile apps (with very few exceptions).
I can tell you for a fact that the current code has several massive bugs and that the background service doesn't work on a ton of recent Android phones (but oddly does work on others, including my Pixel5)

So yeah, the solution will have to be to find ways to import GPS tracks from other apps.

In the meantime, you of course always have the option to not update this app.

/D